Sunday, December 4, 2011

EDLD 536 3Web Conference Reflection - December 3, 2011

I learned some very important information from this morning's web conference.  Probably the most important thing was that the rubric for week two was incorrect, and so even though our grade is showing as a zero, we will not be receiving that grade.  Whew!  Dr. Abernathy said that as long as we submitted the assignment and did a podcast, that we would receive a 100.  I'm thrilled to receive the 100, but I am proud of  my podcast and had hoped for some feedback from the IA.

I also learned that we will need to register our completed PSA with Creative Commons since it is something that we have created.  In addition to that, Dr. Abernathy stressed how important it is to leave the credits on the screen long enough to be read.  She said that a lot of groups have it flash by too quickly.  Until this discussion, I was thinking that since we only are alotted one minute for our PSA, we would be forced limit the credits to a brief flash, as well.  I found out this morning that the credits are not included in our one minute time limit.  We are allowed an extra minute for the credits.

Another benefit of this morning's web conference was that someone asked about Drop Box.  Our group is using Drop Box and it had not occurred to me that we needed to invite Dr. Abernathy and Linda Marshall.  We are keeping all our collaboration documents in Drop Box.

This was my 4th web conference this week, and yet I still learned something valuable.  I will make it a practice to attend as many as I can throughout my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment