Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reflection of Web Conferences - EDLD 5363

Tonight I attended my third web conference for EDLD 5363. I have noticed that as the students have become accustomed to web conferences, there are not as many problems with feedback. The students have figured out to mute their microphones as soon as possible. The first conference I attended for this course was on Sunday, November 20th. This was a good conference with a lot of information from Dr. Abernathy about this course. Quite of few of us needed some time to digest the information, so we planned to meet again the next evening. Unfortunately, there was some bad weather and Dr. Abernathy was not able to get a connection. I logged in early tonight only to find out I am still having issues with Adobe Connect. I was so glad I was early because it gave me time to switch to another computer. If there's one thing I've learned with technology, it's to always have another plan and to be flexible. Our conference was cut short again due to technical difficulties, but I did learn something important tonight. I did not realize that I needed to license my podcast. It doesn't contain pictures or video, so I didn't think it was necessary. I was glad to learn that so I could add the license to my podcast before submitting my assignment. Another thing that I like about web conferences is that it creates a sense of community among the cohort. I look forward to the web conferences!

No comments:

Post a Comment