Friday, December 16, 2011

December 3, 2011 Web Conference Reflection

I was so glad that I was able to attend today’s web chat.  It turns out that the week 2 rubric had some errors, so everyone will see a zero in the gradebook.  Dr. Abernathy plans to average it as a 100 as long as the podcast was done.  I'm so glad I was at the conference to hear this, or I would have had a panic attack when I saw the zero!
I learned a lot today about copyrights.  We need to copyright our video in Creative Commons because we own it.  If we use stock photos or anyone else's material, we need to put the credits at the end.  Royalty free music needs to be attributed, too.  I always thought that if it was royalty-free, it didn't need to be cited.  I am so glad to know better now!  Dr. Abernathy also said the most common error made by students with their PSA is not giving the credits enough screen time to be read.  She said this is huge.  I was very worried about this since we only have a minute for our PSA.  I had visions of the credits screaming past.  As it turns out, the credits do not count towards our one minute limit.  We can have an extra minute for credits.  Copyright info is not necessary on drafts .... just the final product. 
Another very important thing I learned is that we need to give Dr. Abernathy and our IA (Linda Marshall) rights to our Drop Box so they can see our collaboration.  We should also be writing some kind of documentation of everytime we "meet".  We are in constant collaboration, but we have not been documenting it.  I am planning to add a document in our Drop Box to keep track of our "meetings".  
Google docs was suggested for the storyboard.  It can also be drawn by hand, scanned, and uploaded.  Julia Evans has volunteered to do this part of our project, for which I am very thankful.
Our group is very proactive.  We have lots of pictures, video, and scripts.  So far, we have worked well together and it has been a positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment