Sunday, April 1, 2012

EDLD 5364 Week 5 Reflection


Week 5 readings centered around student effort and assessment.  As I was working on my part of the group project, the following quote caught my attention:  "Perhaps the most obvious use of Web 2.0 tools for assessment would be for students to be able to show what they know in a wide variety of media" (Solomon 2007).

I selected this quote because I feel so strongly that students should be assessed in this manner.  One lesson I wrote for our group scenario was about the water cycle.  Several forms of assessment included in the lesson were using technology to show what student learned.  In one instance, students are to use a Voki avatar to explain the water cycle.  In another instance, students were to create a zooming graphic of the water cycle utilizing Prezi.  When I read this quote, I felt confirmation on what I already believed to be true.  It was very validating.


Solomon, G., & Schrum, L. (2007). Web 2.0: New tools, new schools. Eugene, OR: International Society for Technology in Education, 168.

No comments:

Post a Comment